What is The Moab Foundation?
A non-profit organization founded in 2018 working to create a more sustainable planet through the application of connected intelligence technologies designed to meet the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. The foundation aims to meet those goals in a couple of ways:
Combine thought leaders from the world of technology with those who have expertise in many of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to define compelling use cases and achievable execution plans where connected intelligence can have a meaningful impact.
Provide the Moab Connected Intelligence Platform to equip non-governmental organizations (NGOs), non-profits, and appropriate government agencies with Internet of Things, Digital Twins, and Analytics combined with Edge + Cloud computing capabilities to deliver the situational awareness and insights needed to address SDG use cases.
What are the UN Sustainable Development Goals?
Click the icons below to learn more about specific sustainable development goals and associated use cases empowered by connected intelligence
How can Connected Intelligence help achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals?
- It starts with connecting people, machines, and environmental systems to facilitate communication and the sharing of knowledge.
- The thoughtful capture of data from the world around us makes the invisible, visible, the unknown, known, and the remote, local.
- Use captured data to digitize and analyze the planet and its ecosystems to solve the challenging problems required to achieve many of the SDGs.
- For each SDG, create a list of compelling use cases and achievable execution plans where connected intelligence can have a meaningful impact.
- Deploy people and technology to implement the plans for each SDG and then review their effectiveness.
What are the Challenges?
- Available electricity and network connectivity where SDG solutions are deployed.
- Economically viable compute, storage, networking, and software.
- Cooperation of local and national governments in each country
- Volunteers to implement SDG solutions at scale.