A non-profit organization founded in 2018 by to help create a more sustainable planet through the application of connected intelligence technologies designed to meet the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
The foundation aims to meet those goals in a couple of ways:
- Combine thought leaders from the world of technology with those who have expertise in many of the 17 sustainable development goals (SDGs) to define use cases and execution plans where connected intelligence can make a positive impact.
- Provide the open source Moab Connected Intelligence Platform to equip non-governmental organizations (NGOs), non-profits, concerned enterprises, and appropriate government agencies with Internet of Things, Digital Twin, networking, and Edge + Cloud computing capabilities to deliver the situational awareness needed to address SDG use cases.
What are the UN Sustainable Development Goals?
- A blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future.
- They address the global challenges we face across 17 categories, including those related to poverty, inequality, climate, environmental degradation, prosperity, peace and justice.
- The goals interconnect to leave no one behind and it’s important that we achieve each Goal by 2030.
Click an icon below to learn more about a specific sustainable development goal and associated use cases
How can Connected Intelligence help with the UN Sustainable Development Goals?
We believe capturing data about the world around us will lead to the required measurement, management, and improvement needed to help achieve many of the UN SDGs. The Internet of Things works with the other components of Connected Intelligence to make all this possible.
What is the Internet of Things?
The Internet of Things is a network of connected devices that collect and share data about themselves and the environment around them without human intervention. At its most basic level, the Internet of Things allows you to remotely know, locate, control, measure, and improve things in near real-time. Imagine the problems you could solve if you knew the state of everything in your organization or environment and could reason over that knowledge.
We think the Internet of Things has a big role to play in tackling many of the society’s biggest problems. We therefore created a simple, Connected Intelligence technology called Moab to lend a helping hand to the people and organizations working to make many of the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals a reality. Moab is just one piece of the puzzle and we’ll need help from like-minded partners looking to improve our world with network, compute, storage, sensor, and analytics capabilities.